- National Chili Day 2024: Date, history and significance
- Hindu Gods 'insult' row: Karnataka police book FIR over threat calls to complainant
- 23 lakh Indian diaspora are reinforcing Indo-Canadian relations: Jitendra Singh
- From Michelle Obama to Matthew McConaughey: Celebrities Share Their Go-to Recipes
- Maratha quotas given, but unrelenting Jarange-Patil to start fresh stir from Feb 24
- Servitor held in Bhubaneswar for sexually assaulting foreign tourist
- Rakul Preet Singh & Jackky Bhagnani Tie the Knot in Anand Karaj Ceremony
- TN fertiliser unit responsible for ammonia leak ready to pay Rs 5.92 cr compensation: Minister
- Delhi HC asks suspended BJP MLAs to meet Speaker as Lt Governor accepts apology
- Breakup Day 2024: Top 5 Songs to Heal Your Heart After a Failed Relationship.
Cheated in love, woman attempts suicide in Nalgonda
A woman from Suryapet committed suicide on Tuesday after being cheated by her boyfriend who sexually assaulted her for two years on the promise of marrying her
A woman from Suryapet committed suicide on Tuesday after being cheated by her boyfriend who sexually assaulted her for two years on the promise of marrying her.
Umarani, who is working in a private firm in Hyderabad befriended the accused Srikanth at Cheruvugattu temple in 2016. Srikanth's aunt Jaya and Umarani who are known to each other introduced the accused to her at the temple. A few days later, Jaya called Umarani to her home where the victim was offered cool drink laced with sleeping pills.
After she fell unconscious, Srikanth sexually assaulted her and later promised to her after Umarani confronted them.
Since then, Srikanth repeatedly raped her and he recently got engaged to her sister-in-law. On learning it, Umarani lodged a complaint with police. However, the police refused to register the case as it did not occur in their police station limits.
Depressed over it, Umarani consumed pesticide and committed suicide. She is undergoing treatment in a hospital.