- Only Bhansali can make you do 8 rounds in a 30-kg costume: Richa Chadha
- Kajol, Kriti Sanon set for a face-off in ‘Do Patti’
- KTR dares Revanth to resign, face him and win from Malkajgiri
- Perni Nani flays Pawan Kalyan, says TDP-Jana Sena will lose in next elections
- Cultural Influences: How Local Traditions Impact Gaming Preferences
- HC issues notice on Shahrukh Pathan's bail plea in 2020 Delhi riots case
- 150 railway stations win FSSAI’s ‘Eat Right’ tag for serving clean, nutritious food
- DGCA implements stricter guidelines for alcohol testing of aviation staff
- PV Narasimha Rao’s biopic on cards; National award-winning filmmaker to helm it
- After ‘Premalu,’ ‘Brahmayugam,’ Malayalam Blockbuster ‘Manjummel Boys’ set to raise bar in Telugu
Cop spiked junior's drink, raped her, made video near Mumbai: Official
A Sub Inspector with Navi Mumbai polices Crime Branch was Saturday booked for allegedly raping a woman constable, an official said
##BIG-IMAGE#Mumbai: A Sub Inspector with Navi Mumbai police's Crime Branch was Saturday booked for allegedly raping a woman constable, an official said.
The complainant, who approached the police on Saturday, has alleged that sub inspector Amit Shelar had raped her in March last year after spiking her cold drink, the official said.
The 31-year-old complainant has also told police that the accused had recorded the incident and had threatened to circulate it, the official added.
She has said the accused raped her several times in places like CBD, Panvel, Kamothe and Kharghar, he informed.
She was also allegedly beaten up by the accused, the official said.
Based on her complaint, the police registered a case against Shelar for rape and assault as well as under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.
The official added that the accused had not been arrested yet.
The accused and victim knew each other from 2010 when they were posted at the same police station, the official said.