- Vijayawada: TDP legislators denounce Naidu’s arrest, take out rally
- Two dead several injured in a collision of a lorry and tourist bus in Annamayya
- Rangareddy: Library at Barkas set to turn a new page
- KTR: TS 2-BHK initiative unmatched by any State; lashes out at Oppn parties
- Kurnool: Siva Kumar to represent Sepak takraw team at Asian games
- AP assembly session: Assembly adjourned for tea break
- Petrol and diesel prices today in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 22 September, 2023
- Anantapur: Nara Chandrababu Naidu arrest shatters TDP camp
- Congress to come up with constituency-level manifestos
- Srisailam EO S Lavanna presents silk robes to Kanaipakam Lord
Sunanda Pushkar case: Tharoor moves anticipatory bail plea in Delhi court
Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday moved an anticipatory bail plea in Delhi\'s Patiala House Court in connection with the death case of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.On June 5, a Delhi Court had issued a summon notice to Tharoor in the case.Tharoor, who has been charged for \"abetment to suicide and cruelty\" in the case, was asked to appear before the court on July 7.
New Delhi: Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday moved an anticipatory bail plea in Delhi's Patiala House Court in connection with the death case of his wife Sunanda Pushkar.On June 5, a Delhi Court had issued a summon notice to Tharoor in the case.Tharoor, who has been charged for "abetment to suicide and cruelty" in the case, was asked to appear before the court on July 7.
The court had also taken cognizance of the charge-sheet filed in the case.Earlier on May 24, the Delhi Court, which was hearing the case, transferred the matter to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM), Samar Vishal.
The court said, "Since he (Tharoor) is a sitting Member of Parliament, the matter is being sent to the special designated court for politicians, that is ACMM Samar Vishal. Matter be taken up on May 28.On May 14, the Delhi Police had filed a charge sheet in the court, in which it named Tharoor as an accused, under sections 306 (Abetment of suicide) and 498A (Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Tharoor, however, dismissed the charge sheet filed as "preposterous".Sunanda was found dead under mysterious circumstances in a suite of a five-star hotel in Delhi on the night of January 17, 2014.