- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Officials directed for mock poll before actual polling process
District Collector Ronald Rose on Wednesday gave clear instructions to the concerned polling and assistant polling officers that they must conduct a mock polling with at least 50 people before starting the actual polling process at all polling stations across Mahbubnagar district
Mahbubnagar: District Collector Ronald Rose on Wednesday gave clear instructions to the concerned polling and assistant polling officers that they must conduct a mock polling with at least 50 people before starting the actual polling process at all polling stations across Mahbubnagar district.
He was addressing the second training programme for the election officers and assistant election officers held at the Government Junior College Grounds in Makthal mandal of Mahbubnagar.
“We have given clear instructions to the polling and assistant polling officers to conduct a mock polling early in the morning at around 6 am before actual launch of the polling process on December 7. The mock polling will help the public to get acquainted with the polling process and the EVM and VVPAT machines,” said the Collector.
The Collector advised officials that they should not expose the VVPAT machines to open light as it is very delicate and sensitive to light. The Collector also advised the officials to ensure there is a correct connection between the control unit, VVPAT and EVM machines. Any error in connection will cause a great delay in the polling process and the officials do not want to give any such chances.
If in case there is any problem with the VVPAT and if anyone complains that their vote is not visible, for such cases, the polling officials are directed to take the declaration proforma and inform the same to the polling agent and fill epic number in register along with name and give him a voter slip to then ask him to vote.