France freezes assets of Jaish-e-Mohammed founder Masood Azhar
France has decided to freeze the assets of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) founder and leader Masood Azhar, the French government said on Friday.
PARIS: France has decided to freeze the assets of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) founder and leader Masood Azhar, the French government said on Friday.
A joint statement issued by the French interior ministry, finance ministry and foreign ministry added that France would discuss putting Masood Azhar on a European Union list of people suspected of being involved in terrorism.
Pakistan is under pressure from global powers to act against groups carrying out attacks in India, including Jaish-e-Mohammed, which claimed responsibility for a Feb. 14 attack in Kashmir that killed at least 40 Indian paramilitary police.
- Rahul to decide on contesting from Wayanad: Oommen Chandy
- 2019 LS polls: Congress fields Kharge from Gulbarga, Harish Rawat from Nainital
- 3 former BSP MLAs, one RJD leader join Congress
- India Sends Another Ship To Cyclone-Hit Mozambique To Assist Relief Work
- Foreign Assets Worth Rs. 800 Crore Unearthed By Karnataka-Goa IT Department