- Ashok Gehlot resigns from Rajasthan Chief Minister’s post
- How Rahul Gandhi’s allegations against Adani Group backfired
- Sachin Tendulkar super impressed with Vicky’s acting prowess in ‘Sam Bahadur’
- Kriti Sanon debunks rumours of promoting trading platforms on ‘KWK’, calls it ‘fake news’
- PM Modi arrives at BJP headquarters
- Indira Krishnan enjoyed shooting with Rashmika, Ranbir for ‘Animal’
- People of New India votes on Performance Politics: Amit shah
- Patience is the biggest mantra in film industry: Anchor Chandu
- INDIA bloc floor leaders to meet on Monday to discuss Winter Session strategy
- Date locked for ‘Bubblegum’ third single
Crime rate declines in Chittoor
Despite initiating a number of preventive measures , accident rate has slightly increased during January 2019 in Chittoor District, said Chittoor SP Vikranth Patel
Chittoor: Despite initiating a number of preventive measures , accident rate has slightly increased during January -2019 in Chittoor District, said Chittoor SP Vikranth Patel.
Fatal road accidents ( 50) and non-fatal accidents 44 were occurred in the district in which majority of cases related to non-wearing of helmets, he said.
Releasing the Chittoor District Crime Bulletin for January -2019, SP stated that the police have been following scientific approach to prevent road accidents.
`The police have arrested 947 persons under drunk and drive cases in which 64 accused were convicted in the courts while 887 were fined.
Above 5105 MV Act cases have booked” he said. During the month, 12 SC/ST cases , missing cases -27, gambling -63, bind over cases 24, drunk and drive- 847and cheating -10 cases were registered.
Referring to the recent innovative experiment ‘ Suggestions and Complaint Box’ system in the district, the SP said that 600 boxes were installed at various educational institutions.
E Supraja, Additional SP Admin and K Krishnarjuna Rao, ASP operations were present