- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Former Mayor sexual harassment case: Quash petition dismissed; shifted to jail
Dharmapuri Sanjay, son of Rajya Sabha MP and TRS senior leader D Srinivas, was taken into police custody on Monday after four hours interrogation over a sexual harassment case
Dharmapuri Sanjay, son of Rajya Sabha MP and TRS senior leader D Srinivas, was taken into police custody on Monday after four hours interrogation over a sexual harassment case.
Last week, 11 girl students from Shaankary Nursing College had complained to the Home Minister Nayani Narasimha Reddy and Nizamabad CP against Sanjay for sexually harassing them.
They further urged the commissioner of Police to give a punishment to him alleging that they fear their lives. Following this, the police registered an SC/ST Atrocity case against Sanjay under several sections.
While he went missing after the case was filed, four special teams were formed to nab him in Hyderabad and Nizamabad. Sanjay was served notice asking to be available to the police for questioning by Sunday. In response, he along with his lawyer appeared before the police and filed a quash petition in the High Court to get rid of the arrest but it was dismissed on Monday.
The detailed reports including the evidence were submitted by Nursing College students and a medical examination was conducted on Sanjay in the District Hospital on Sunday. He was presented before the Additional Magistrate today in the morning and in the process, was remanded to judicial custody till August 24 of this month. The former Mayor has been shifted to Sarangpur jail.