- Kurnool: New sub-stations will ensure quality power supply
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today stable, check the rates on November 29, 2023
- YS Jagan lauds rescuers for saving workers trapped in Silkyara tunnel in Uttarkashi
- TRS, Congress changed names not their games, charges Eknath Shinde
- PL Stock Report: Jindal Stainless (JDSL IN) - Visit Update – Focus on improving efficiencies & volumes - Downgrade to 'Accumulate'
- SCR to restore few trains
- PL Stock Report: Siemens (SIEM IN) - Q4SY23 Result Update – Healthy Q4; planned Capex amid strong demand - Accumulate
- PL Technicals Daily Morning Report - Nov 29
- Karnataka Government approves 62 investment projects worth Rs 3,607 crore
- Hockey Women’s Jr World Cup 2023: India geared up to face Canada in opener
Two youngsters from Karnataka drown at Sangam barrage, die
Roti fest in Nellore started with tragic incident much before its actual commencement
Nellore: Roti fest in Nellore started with tragic incident much before its actual commencement. Two youngsters died and four others were rescued by others when they drowned in Sangam barrage on Wednesday. According to sources, 50 members from Tumkuru and Sira areas of Tumkuru district in Karnataka were traveling by a bus for enjoying during the fest that starts from Friday. They visited AS Pet dargah on Wednesday and were on the way to Kasumur dargah. On the way, they planned to swim and spend some time at Sangam barrage. 6 youngsters were swimming in Penna River and they drowned in water unaware of depth at the spot. Nagma, 18, and Saklayan alias Naddu, 16, from Tumukur district died and other four members were rescued by local fishermen. Dead Bodies were shifted to District Headquarter Hospital in Atmakur for postmortem and others have been shifted to Nellore for better treatment. People were from different parts of Tumukur district who exclusively planned for spending time during the annual Roti Fest in Nellore and the tragic incident occurred in the afternoon.