- MyVoice: Views of our readers 29th May 2023
- Modi juggernaut rolls on world stage
- Odisha may turn haven for espionage
- Disrespect to Temple of Democracy quite wrongful
- BoM tops PSBs chart in profit, loan growth in FY23
- Nifty on cusp of breakout for new lifetime high
- Top-7 firms gain Rs 1.51-trn mcap
- Put writers adding hefty Open Interest
- AI Magic Compose feature to help users write messages
- Hyderabad: Minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav pays tributes to NT Rama Rao on birth anniversary
DMK Stages Stir against Railway Examinations in English & Hindi, Urges Goyal to Withdraw Instruction
DMK leaders and workers staged a protest here on Saturday against the Railway Ministry's instruction to hold competitive examinations in English and Hindi.
Chennai: DMK leaders and workers staged a protest here on Saturday against the Railway Ministry's instruction to hold competitive examinations in English and Hindi.
Led by MP Kanimozhi, party leaders, including R S Bharathy and MP Kalanidhi Veerasamy staged the protest and raised slogans in front of the Southern Railway office here, party sources said.
Later, the leaders presented a memorandum to the Southern Railway general manager Rahul Jain opposing the Ministry's move to hold the examinations in the two languages.
DMK chief M K Stalin said the instructions by the Ministry were against 'language equality'. "The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam opposes such discriminatory practices and reiterates that the Union government immediately ensure that all Indians are treated equally, irrespective of their linguistic or geographical background" he said. Stalin urged Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to withdraw the instructions soon.