- Hyderabad Public School plans grand finale of centenary celebrations
- University of North Florida Dean Visited GITAM
- GITAM Organises CPR Awareness Program
- Karnataka government invites startups to provide tech solutions
- Inculcating experience-oriented education amongst growing children India
- Google introduces Gemini GenAI model for highly complex tasks
- Why being mindful of heart health during winter is crucial
- J&K’s two bills seek to nominate two Kashmiri migrant community members: Shah
- Mahindra to hike vehicle prices from next month
- First instalment of drought relief for farmers within next week: CM Siddaramaiah instructs
Mortal remains of veteran leader N D Tiwari to be brought to UP on Saturday
The mortal remains of Congress veteran Narayan Dutt Tiwari will be brought on Lucknow on Saturday for people to pay their last respects to the departed leader
Lucknow: The mortal remains of Congress veteran Narayan Dutt Tiwari will be brought on Lucknow on Saturday for people to pay their last respects to the departed leader.
Tiwari, 93, died at a private hospital in Delhi on Thursday after a prolonged illness.
The body of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister will arrive at the Lucknow airport Saturday afternoon and will be kept at the Vidhan Bhawan from 1 pm to 3 pm for people to pay their last respects, an official release issued on Friday said.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and his ministerial colleagues will receive the mortal remains at the airport, it said.
Tiwari, who was considered close to Indira Gandhi, had served as a Union minister in several Congress-led governments. He had the unique distinction of having served as the chief minister of two states, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, where his native place is located.