- Congress leader Vijaya Reddy participates in Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations at Himayatnagar
- Sonia Gandhi birthday celebrations held in Nizampet
- Cong announces 'halla bol' march to Maha Legislature on Monday
- Northeast's cultural diversity captivate spectators on penultimate day of Hornbill Festival
- NCLAT gives NTPC breather on CCI penalty
- The Mystery of Missing files in Fisheries and Education Department
- Chaturmukha Basadi, Restored with granite structure
- Transport sector decarbonization must to reduce emissions, says India at Dubai climate talks
- Bhupender Yadav, John Kerry hold talks on US-India collaboration for financing e-buses
- Officials’ budget presented in the House, public budget in Feb: MCD Mayor
KTR hits back at Jayaprakash Narayana, explains cost of Kaleshwaram project
KTR took potshots at Loksatta chief Jayaprakash Narayana who said the project cost of Kaleshwaram will turn out as a burden to the people of Telangana
KTR took potshots at Loksatta chief Jayaprakash Narayana who said the project cost of Kaleshwaram will turn out as a burden to the people of Telangana.
JP expressed regret over the tax payers and poor people who will bear the burden of Rs 1.2 lakh crore which he said was the project cost.
I was the only one who consistently raised voice against it in the Assembly and outside. All major parties are guilty. Kaleswaram will cost nearly Rs 100,000 Cr and will cost about Rs 20,000 Cr every year for maintenance. The poor people and tax payers will bear the burden. Sad! https://t.co/ibLihUtwBb— Jayaprakash Narayan (@JP_LOKSATTA) October 29, 2018
Reacting to Jayaprakash tweet, KTR made it clear that the cost of Kaleshwaram project is Rs 80,190 crore which is to be treated as an investment, not as debt.
JP Garu, Kaleshwaram final cost appraisal clearance from CWC is ₹80,190 Cr— KTR (@KTRTRS) October 29, 2018
As you very well understand, investing into productive sectors can’t be treated as debt but as investment. Also Telangana GSDP to Debt ratio is around 20% & State revenues r growing at 17.17% last 4 year https://t.co/daPCp5KCJH
The project which is being constructed with 160 TMC storage capacity will provide irrigation water to 38 lakh acres of agricultural land and is a reasonably low GSDP to debt ratio of 20 % Telangana as a fast-growing state is fiscally prudent, KTR said.
Kaleshwaram is a project that will bring 38 lakh acres of land under cultivation & with 160 TMC storage capacity is set to change fortunes of Telangana farmers— KTR (@KTRTRS) October 29, 2018
With a reasonably low GSDP to debt ratio of 20% Telangana as a fast growing state is fiscally prudent @JP_LOKSATTA Garu