2 terrorists killed in Budgam encounter
Two terrorists were killed on Tuesday in a gunbattle with the security forces in Jammu and Kashmirs Budgam
Budgam (Jammu and Kashmir): Two terrorists were killed on Tuesday in a gun-battle with the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam.
Identities and affiliations of the killed terrorists are being ascertained.
Incriminating materials including arms and ammunition were recovered from the site of encounter.
Based on a credible input about the presence of terrorists in Gopalpora area of Chadoora in Budgam district, a cordon and search operation was launched in the intervening night jointly by Police and security forces.
As the searches were going on, the search party was fired upon by the terrorists. The fire was retaliated leading to a gunfight.
The police has advised citizens not to venture inside encounter zone since such an area can prove dangerous due to stray explosive materials. People have also been requested to cooperate with police till the area is completely sanitized and cleared of all the explosive materials if any.
- Horrified to see cow vigilantes thrashing innocent men in MP: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arunachal Assembly will have 20 first time MLAs
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting