- PM Modi Criticized Congress During A Rally In Rajasthan
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 01-06-2023
- Telangana: Fire breaks out at a hospital in Banswada
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 01-06-2023
- Nothing Phone (2): Company reveals the display, battery, and chipset
- PL Stock Report - Insecticides India (INST IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Dismal end to FY23; near term cautious outlook - Accumulate
- PL Stock Report - S Chand and Company (SCHAND IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Re-rating hinges on NCF roll out - BUY
- PL Stock Report - Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APHS IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Strong FY24 guidance across segments - BUY
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 01 June 2023
- Daggubati brothers to clash at box-office
J&K to initiate action against IAS topper Shah Faesal for ‘Rapistan’ tweet
A series of tweets including one against rape culture in India were written by the 2009 IAS topper for which the centre has asked the government of JK to take action against it
Srinagar: A series of tweets including one against “rape culture” in India were written by the 2009 IAS topper for which the centre has asked the government of J&K to take action against it.
A letter is sent to Faesal by the General Administration Department of the J&K government telling that the Government of India has seeked action against him for his tweets .
The letter says that Faesal has failed to maintain absolute honesty and integrity in discharge of his official duty and acted in a manner becoming of a public servant.
“Patriarchy+Population+Illiteracy+Alcohol+Porn+Technology+Anarchy=Rapistan,” he tweeted earlier this year.
“Difference between theory and practice,” he tweeted with a link to a newspaper story about the arrest of an alleged porn addict in Gujarat accused of raping a 46 year old mother.
Love letter from my boss for my sarcastic tweet against rape-culture in South Asia.— Shah Faesal (@shahfaesal) July 10, 2018
The Irony here is that service rules with a colonial spirit are invoked in a democratic India to stifle the freedom of conscience.
I'm sharing this to underscore the need for a rule change. pic.twitter.com/ssT8HIKhIK
He was considered as a role model for the youth of J&K when he in 2009 became the first Kashmiri to top the Civil Service exam. He served as MD of J&K State Power Development Corporation before going on study leave abroad recently. “Love letter from my boss for my sarcastic tweet against rape-culture in South Asia. The irony here is that service rules with a colonial spirit are invoked in a democratic India to stifle the freedom of conscience. I’m sharing this to underscore the need for a rule,” he tweeted.
He replied to his own tweet as “Democracy without a sense of humour.”
Former CM tweeted reacting to this, “Looks like DoPT is determined to chase @shahfaesal out of the civil services. The last line of this page is shocking & unacceptable where they question Faesal’s “integrity and honesty”. How is a sarcastic tweet dishonest? How does it make him corrupt?”