- Daycare Arrangements Result in Maximum Increase in Job Productivity Among Working Moms KLAY’s Survey Reveals
- Underwater adventures: James Cameron shares secrets of filming ‘Avatar’
- A tale of karma and destiny
- Infertility major problem for humans
- Hyderabad: BJP task force to study people’s issues
- A global call to action against tobacco
- AYUSH Integrated Medicine for Holistic Healing
- Joint replacement surgery
- Hyderabad: Government maps out monsoon safety plan for civic bodies
- Appropriate weight gain in pregnancy
For the first time, Airtel defeats Jio in Mobile Broadband Growth; The VoLTE services of BSNL begin
- TRAI published the latest numbers of the telecom industry for January 2019
- Airtel has beaten Jio when it comes to adding new mobile broadband users
- BSNL has launched its VoLTE services in selected cities in India
Airtel surpasses Jio in Mobile Broadband Growth - For the first time
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has published the latest numbers of the telecom industry for January 2019. There is great positive news for Airtel: for the first time, Airtel has beaten Jio, when it comes to adding new mobile broadband users.
At the end of December 2018, Airtel had 97.99 million mobile broadband users, now increased to 107.96 million users. So within a month time, Airtel was able to add 99.7 lakh of new users.
Meanwhile, at the end of December 2018, Jio had 280.12 million users, which has now increased to 289.44 million users. This means that Jio was able to add 93.2 lakh new users in this period when compared to the 99.7 lakh new users added by Airtel.
From the time Jio entered the market in 2016, this is the first time that Airtel has managed to overtake Jio in the mobile broadband space.
Mobile broadband refers to broadband access through mobile devices such as dongles.
Overview: State Of Telecom in January 2019
These are some of the highlights of the report:
1. For the third time in history, total telecom users in India exceeded Rs 120 crore mark. The last time it happened was in May 2018, and before that, in July 2017.
2. Mobile users in India have now crossed the mark of 118 crores, which increased by 1crore when compared to December
3. Jio was the number 1 player when it came to adding new subscribers: 93 lakh new mobile customers joined Jio in January
4. After losing customers in December, Airtel added 1 lakh of new customers in January
5 Vodafone-Idea, with 35.8 lakh of customers, is the number 1 telecom operator in India as of January 31, 2019.
6. While Airtel added 29,900 new cable broadband connections, BSNL lost 90,000 cable broadband users. Vodafone added 6386 new cable broadband users.
7. There are a total of 54 crore broadband users in India, of which 52.1 crores are wireless broadband users. This total number of broadband users in India increased by 4.1% when compared to December
Start of 4G VoLTE services of BSNL
In addition to the related news, it was revealed that after launching 4G BSNL has launched its VoLTE services in selected cities in India. Subscribers in Gujarat who are already using 4G SIM received this message from BSNL, with instructions to activate the service.
From now on, BSNL will offer VoLTE services in the districts of Gandhidham and Anjar.