- Cong govt soon to fill up nominated posts
- ‘Haleem’ aroma set to waft across twin cities
- Noted Telugu film producer V Mahesh dies of heart attack
- Amrit Bharat boon: Two RUBs by SCR to ease traffic woes
- Hyderabad: Rashtrapati Nilayam to organise Science Innovation Exhibits today
- ‘Vaktha’ is worth attending for transformation, building confidence
- Hyderabad: Chennakesava temple decaying
- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
Solar pump sets to be provided at subsidy rates to SCs, BCs
Minister for IT and Panchayat Raj Nara Lokesh said the State government would supply solar pump sets to SCs and BCs at subsidy rates under NTR Jalasiri scheme.
Amaravati: Minister for IT and Panchayat Raj Nara Lokesh said the State government would supply solar pump sets to SCs and BCs at subsidy rates under NTR Jalasiri scheme.
Reviewing the scheme at meeting with officials at the Secretariat at Velagapudi on Monday, Lokesh said the solar pump sets would be given at a price of Rs 6,000 to SCs and Rs 25,000 for BCs against its actual price of Rs 55,000.
He said Rs 116 crore was allotted for Jalasiri phase-2 programme and it was targeted to arrange solar pump sets for 17,759 borewells by January, 2018. He suggested to officials to expedite the programme of digging borewells under NTR Jalasiri scheme.
He said farmers dug 17,789 borewells till now against the target of 30,500 under phase-2 of NTR Jalasiri. He said 9,959 farmers have been paid amount for purchasing solar pump sets for the borewells.