- Career opportunities for students in Design Education
- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
- Strong domestic fund flows mitigated impact of FII selling in last two months
- Nadda unveils busts of 17 'Heroes of Mumbai' in city garden
- TDP President Abdul Aziz Denounces Attacks on Media by YCP, Advocates for Press Freedom
- TDP leaders meet Vemireddy Prabhakar Reddy in Nellore
- PM Modi to visit Sant Ravi Das temple in Varanasi on Friday, his third trip since 2016
Tanisha-Ashwini finishes runner-up in Syed Modi India International badminton
The Indian women's doubles pair of Tanisha Crasto and Ashwini Ponnappa finished runner-up in the Syed Modi International Badminton Championship 2023, losing to Japan's Rin Iwanaga and Kie Nakanishi in the final here on Sunday.
Lucknow: The Indian women's doubles pair of Tanisha Crasto and Ashwini Ponnappa finished runner-up in the Syed Modi International Badminton Championship 2023, losing to Japan's Rin Iwanaga and Kie Nakanishi in the final here on Sunday.
In the final, Tanisha-Ashwini fell just short against Iwanaga and Nakanishi in a thrilling three games, losing 14-21, 21-17, 15-21.
Tanisha and Ashwini are the only Indian women's doubles pair this year to reach two finals in the BWF World Tour as they also reached the finals and emerged victorious at the Abu Dhabi Masters 2023 in October.
Tanisha-Ashwini were the lone Indians to reach the finals of the USD 210,000 prize money event.
In the men's singles final, Chinese Taipei's Chi Yu Jen beat Kenta Nishimoto of Japan in three games, 20-22, 21-12,21-17 in 51 minutes at the BBD U.P Badminton Academy.
In the women's singles final, Japan's Nozomi Okuhara defeated Line Hojmark of Kjaersfeldt of Denmark 21-19, 21-16.