Jeetharam, Raju win gold on inaugural day
The 56th All India Railway Championship of Track Cycling was flagged by N Madhusudana Rao, Principal Chief Operations Manager, South Central Railway on Tuesday at the Osmania University Cycling Velodrome
Hyderabad: The 56th All India Railway Championship of Track Cycling was flagged by N. Madhusudana Rao, Principal Chief Operations Manager, South Central Railway on Tuesday at the Osmania University Cycling Velodrome.
On the inaugural day, Jeetharam Gat of South Central Railway won Gold Medal in the Scratch Race Event and Raju Bati of South Western Railway has won Gold Medal in the 4kms Individual Pursuit Event, a press release said.
The championship is organised by South Central Railway Sports Association (SCRSA), Secunderabad. E.V.Krishna Reddy, Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer & General Secretary, SCRSA, K. Senthil, Senior Divisional Security Commissioner & Secretary, Cycling, SCRSA, other sports officers and other officials were present.
The three-day tournament in which nine teams representing various Zonal Railways are taking part will conclude on January 10.
Speaking on the occasion, Madhusudana Rao said that cycling is the sport which will keep our body and mind fit. Sincerity and hard work will pave the way to seal highest recognition in the game and advised the participants to use the facilities provided and perform well in the tournament and excel in National and International levels.
- Ola cabs banned in Bengaluru for 6 months for licence violation
- Voters most happy with Telangana, HP, Odisha CMs: IANS-CVOTER Tracker poll
- Uttarakhand: Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, Tirath Singh Rawat file nominations
- France working with EU for listing of Masood Azhar as a global terrorist: MEA
- 12-year-old tiger killed, eaten by another in Madhya Pradesh's Kanha Tiger Reserve